October 26th, 2015
Foods That Can Prevent Breast Cancer
Incidences of breast cancer are going up. But modifying lifestyle and eating a healthier diet can prevent breast cancer. There are many foods on the market, as well as supplements, that can help prevent breast cancer and even, in some circumstances, help your body reject pre-cancer cell growth.
Fruits and vegetables that are high in antioxidants, such as yellow and red peppers, apples and oranges are excellent cancer preventatives. One of the ways to know that a particular fruit or vegetable is high in antioxidants is too look at the color.
Fruits and vegetable with vibrant or bright colors will have more antioxidants than less colorful fruits and vegetables. Antioxidants are vitally important as the help destroy free radicals; these are chemicals that can destroy healthy cells and assist the growth of cancer cells.
Soy is also a good preventative food. It contains soy isoflavones which can help restore hormone imbalances that can lead to cancer. Soy is also useful in balancing hormones for women experiencing menopause. However, you should make certain that any soy you consume has not been genetically modified.
Crops are often modified genetically to make them easier to grow and these modifications do not take the health of the consumer into account. Genetically modified soy has health risks that outweigh the benefits. Always look for the phrase “NON-GMO” on the label.
Here is a short list of foods that can help prevent breast cancer:
- Green Tea: easy to find in the store and contains higher antioxidants than black tea.
- Garlic: a great seasoning and very good for you.
- Whole grain flour: foods made from whole grain have a much higher nutritional value than spongy cheap white bread and foods made with refined flour.
- Olive oil when taken in moderation can have a beneficial effect on the intestines that will help eliminate toxins.
- Red wine is rich in antioxidants. Once again, use in moderation.
There are many other foods that will help. Just Google, “breast cancer preventing foods” and you’ll find dozens.